How to Use Rose Water to Heal Your Skin
Rose water is made by distilling rose petals with steam. It is a fragrant liquid that consists of water and rose petals. It is commonly used as a perfume due to its intoxicating scent, but it also has healing, medicinal and culinary value as well. Rose water has been used for thousands of years, being trace back all the way to the Middle Ages. It is believed to have originated in Iran and has been used in both cosmetic and culinary products. Rose water comes with many health benefits that can be used in a variety of ways to heal your skin. Regardless of your skin type, this natural miracle ingredient will leave your skin feeling rejuvenated.
Rose water is filled with antioxidants and a number of nourishing vitamins. This helps to prevent signs of aging and adds a beautiful glow to the skin. Rose water also has natural antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties making it a cure all for the skin.
If you’re interested in skincare, then there’s a chance that you enjoy getting the occasional face treatment like microneedling. This treatment uses very fine, short needles to puncture the skin. It significantly improves the appearances or scars or dark marks and boosts collagen production. Although the benefits of this treatment are incredible, it can be painful leaving the skin sensitive, red and irritated. Rose water provides a cooling and calming sensation that helps to relieve pain and irritation in the skin. Microneedling has also been known to leave the skin tight and dry but misting rose water onto the face a few times a day helps to relieve tightness and provide an intense level of hydration.
Aside from skin treatments, rose water can be used to heal the skin from a number of other conditions including acne, eczema, psoriasis and more! Here are a few ways that rose water can help to heal your skin, mind and body:
- Use rose water to prevent puffiness under the eyes and across the face. Place it in the fridge for 30 minutes, then apply to the affected area using a cotton pad. This will help to soothe the skin and reduce or prevent puffiness.
- Misting the face with rose water throughout the day promotes consistent healing. It instantly freshens the skin and naturally hydrates and nourishes it. Using rose water regularly provides the skin with an incredible radiance.
- Add rose water to a bath to help soften and add freshness to the skin. It will leave your body feeling soft and smelling heavenly.
- Rose water works as an amazing toner that helps to prevent wrinkles by slowing the aging process and tighten the pores leaving the skin with a wonderful glow.
- Use this natural ingredient for aromatherapy. Smell can have a significant impact on mood and mental health. Using this scent can help to reduce stress, increase positivity and promote sound sleeping.
There are endless ways that rose water can help to heal the skin. Use this incredible natural ingredient to keep glowing and growing.